Grand Master Young Min Kim
Born in South Korea, Grand Master Young Min Kim immigrated to Canada with his family in 1999 to make it his second home. He founded a school by Niagara Falls (Ontario) and after four years, relocated to Nanaimo on Vancouver Island.
Grand Master Kim's extensive background in the discipline of TaeKwonDo, Kumdo and Hapkido reflects a deep understanding of the skills and knowledge he can offer to his students. Technique and movement fluidity during class are often stressed to help the students build new skills and discover their potential. As an accomplished instructor, Grand Master Kim strives to help students to succeed and reach their goals to foster learning and discipline in the body, mind and spirit.
As a WORLD-CLASS instructor, Grand Master Kim has travelled to, competed and coached in many nations to earn recognition and to promote the spirit of Tae Kwon Do. He brings his expertise and passion for teaching to share with his students, athletes, coaches, and instructors in Nanaimo to help them grow as a whole.
His curriculum includes the following credentials:
- World Tae Kwon Do Federation (WTF) 8th Degree Black Belt
- U.S.A Tae Kwon Do Moo Duk Hae Association 8th Degree Black Belt
- International Hapkido Association 6th Degree Black Belt
- Korea Bon Kuk Kumdo (swordmanship) Association 5th Degree Black Belt
- World Body Guard Association Certified Trainer
- 1988 Seoul Olympic Bodyguard
- Elite TaeKwonDo Coach of a World Champion
- Military Instructor for three years
- Special W.T.F. Taekwondo Instructor Certification administered by Kukkiwon (World Taekwondo Headquarters)
- Recipient of numerous international awards
- Master of Science degree in Martial Arts
- 30+ years of Tae Kwon Do instruction experience
- Only certified 1st rank black belt promotion test examiner in Canada as designated by Kukkiwon